devel/gobject-introspection failure on ARM

Aleksandr Rybalko ray at ddteam.net
Mon Jan 28 13:51:01 UTC 2013

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:57:19 -0500
George Mitchell <george+freebsd at m5p.com> wrote:

> System: Raspberry Pi
> uname: r245840M (Alie Tan's image from 25 January)
> ports: svnversion 308518
>
> Build dies with message "sizeof(ArrayTypeBlob) is expected to be 8 but
> is 12."  (Complete build log attached.)  I made a naive attempt to fix
> it by rearranging the order of the structure members, but obviously I
> don't understand structure packing on the ARM and it didn't help.  It
> also didn't get rid of the huge number of "cast increases required
> alignment of target type" warnings.
>
> I note we're at version 0.10.8 of this package, but upstream is at
> 1.34.2.  (It requires glib 2.34.1, though, and we're only at 2.28.8).
>
> What's the best way to proceed?                   -- George Mitchell

Hi,

It can be fixed by just change
gitypelib.c:  CHECK_SIZE (ArrayTypeBlob, 8);
gitypelib.c:  CHECK_SIZE (ArrayTypeBlob, 12);

But problem not in gobject-introspection, but in old ARM ABI.
I was ask andrew@, and he test it with ARM EABI, and it compiled fine
with size 8.

So if somebody will fix it, please #ifdef that fix to make it only with
old ARM ABI.

Or, better help with EABI testing :-D

Thanks!

WBW