portsnap - overwrite local changes

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Tue Jan 22 13:00:39 UTC 2013

Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net> wrote:

> If you use small modifications on a ingle system(or just a few) you
> could track the ports tree with subversion, which will be happy to
> keep and try to merge your local modifcations. You can also diff and
> revert your modifications using it, which can be quite handy.
>
> Disvantage is you will sometime need to merge conflicts which could
> require you to study subversion more than what you really want.

Ok, subversion came also to my mind but I guess portsnap is faster then
svn is. The thing with svn is, that I would always need to examine the
logs if there where conflicts generated.

I don't want to keep my local changes. I would like to have command
which just gets me a 1:1 copy of the "current" ports tree and deletes
or overwrites my local changes. There is nothing I want to get merged.