www/opera ISSUE Java Plugin missing

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 03:05:04 UTC 2013

On 01/17/13 18:19, Jakub Lach wrote:
> People actually still use browser java plug-ins/ they actually work?
>
> Life never ceases to amaze.
>
> Seriously though, I see no place for them in modern operating
> systems at all. Awful security record, as well as required only
> by obsolete and broken by design things.
<snip>

Such as Opera? Regardless of your thoughts on java plugins vs. directly
calling the run-time environment.

If the Opera developers decided to go the plug-in route instead of using
the JRE directly, there isn't much else to be done except use the
plug-in if you want Java support.

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org