portupgrade failed: Kino

Waitman Gobble uzimac at da3m0n8t3r.com
Tue Jan 15 05:55:09 UTC 2013

Joe Altman <freebsd at chthonixia.net> wrote ..
> Greetings...
>
> I have attached /usr/ports/multimedia/kino/work/kino-1.3.4/config.log as
> requested by the portupgrade process; and also the output of pkg_info.
>
> Additionally, here is the output in my terminal from the point of
> failure:
>
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for LIBDV... yes
> checking for LIBRAW1394... configure: error: Package requirements
> (libraw1394 >= 1.0.0) were not met:
>
> Package libraw1394 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libraw1394.pc'
> No package 'libraw1394' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBRAW1394_CFLAGS
> and LIBRAW1394_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to ports at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
> the
> "/usr/ports/multimedia/kino/work/kino-1.3.4/config.log" including the
> output
> of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
> provide
> an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
> /usr/sbin/pkg_info
> -Ea).
> *** [do-configure] Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/kino.
> *** [build] Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/kino.
> ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
> /tmp/portupgrade20130102-24155-1lxey75-0 env UPGRADE_TOOL=portupgrade
> UPGRADE_PORT=kino-1.3.4_12 UPGRADE_PORT_VER=1.3.4_12 make
> ** Fix the problem and try again.
> ** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
>    ! multimedia/kino (kino-1.3.4_12)	  (configure error):
>

> Thank you, and best regards,
>
> Joe

Hi Joe,

I have looked at the port,

The error you posted mentions 1.3.4_12 .. i'm not 100% if this is referencing the OLD version you are upgrading FROM or the version it is trying to build. (?) but from your output it does appear to be building port revision 1.3.4_12

The latest revision of the port is 1.3.4_13, it appears that the libraw1394 situation was resolved in files/patch-configure.in, files/patch-src__ieee1394io.cc and files/patch-src__ieee1394io.h

HOWEVER, the big problem with this port AFAIK is kino is built against a 2008 version of ffmpeg.
If you already have ffmpeg on your machine (it's probably way newer than 2008), this appears to cause build problems.

If you select the 'use included ffmpeg' there is one change that needs to be made to ffmpeg/Makefile

doc/%.html: doc/%.texi
        texi2html -monolithic -number $<
        mv $(@F) $@

needs to be

doc/%.html: doc/%.texi
        texi2html -monolithic -number-sections $<

Then ffmpeg will build, however what happens further along is linking to newer ffmpeg/ in /usr/local/ which seems to not work with kino.

The way I see how to get a successful build of kino is change the Makefile

from
CONFIGURE_ARGS= --with-dv1394

CONFIGURE_ARGS= --with-libdv-only --with-dv1394

This eliminates the ffmpeg/kino problem. BUT I can't say how great the program works.. Although I can get it to compile I have not run it. kino without ffmpeg might suck. (?)

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA