p5-ack renamed ack, no entry in UPDATING

Chris Rees crees at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 14 18:46:13 UTC 2013

On 14 January 2013 18:40, Vick Khera <vivek at khera.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com> wrote:
>
>> There should be a MOVED entry which portmaster should have
>> automatically noticed.  If not, let us know.
>>

> portmaster did install ack for me, but left p5-ack sitting around as well.

Hm, you said portupgrade in the original email?  Which did you actually use?

When I moved the port, I put this line in MOVED:

textproc/p5-ack|textproc/ack|2013-01-06|Not just a perl module

Putting a line in UPDATING would defeat the object of the MOVED file.

Chris