Removing wrong prefix from portname

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 21:53:46 UTC 2013

On 4 Jan 2013 20:15, "Ruslan Makhmatkhanov" <cvs-src at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> as it was discussed earlier, we should add PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX (py27-,
py32- etc) only if the port in question is the python library. If it's
standalone application, this prefix should be omitted, because it's more
logical and because user generally doesn't care what language needed app is
written on.

> I'm particularly interested in procedure of transition wrongly prefixed
port (security/zenmap). Package name transition is: py27-zenmap -> zenmap.
Is removing PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX from port's Makefile enough? Should the
port be rebuilt, to guarantee everything is ok? Thanks.

You'll need to check dependencies too; Python and Perl deps should normally
use PKGNAME.

Rebuilding won't be necessary.

Chris