Removing wrong prefix from portname

Ruslan Makhmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Fri Jan 4 20:15:48 UTC 2013

Hello,

as it was discussed earlier, we should add PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX (py27-,
py32- etc) only if the port in question is the python library. If it's
standalone application, this prefix should be omitted, because it's more
logical and because user generally doesn't care what language needed app
is written on.

I'm particularly interested in procedure of transition wrongly prefixed
port (security/zenmap). Package name transition is: py27-zenmap ->
zenmap. Is removing PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX from port's Makefile enough?
Should the port be rebuilt, to guarantee everything is ok? Thanks.

--
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.