x11-wm/windowmaker and x11-wm/libwraster

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 15:59:35 UTC 2013

On 02/19/13 09:45, Olivier Smedts wrote:
> 2013/2/19 Joseph A. Nagy, Jr <jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com>:
>> I have an issue with upgrading windowmaker in that it now pulls in
>> x11-wm/libwraster and they both want to install a man page in the same
>> place[0], unfortunately the proposed workaround[1] doesn't work. Anyone have
>> any other ideas? Again, I have done all the steps in the pr and build fails
>> as libwraster is automatically pulled in and attempts to build before
>> windowmaker does.
>>
>> [0]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=176175
>> [1]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/175955
>
> Can you try deinstalling windowmaker before (re)installing it ? It
> seems the update can't be performed because WindowMaker-0.95.4 needs
> libwraster-0.95.4, but libwraster-0.95.4 installs a file in the same
> place than your old WindowMaker-0.95.3. That's not allowed by pkgng
> (are you using 10-CURRENT BTW ?).

I got that much, and will follow that procedure
(deinstalling/reinstalling Windowaker) as much as I dislike it.

 From the first link:
FreeBSD alex-laptop 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #8: Tue Jan 22
14:00:27 CST 2013 root at alex-laptop:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ALEX-LAPTOP amd64

> There should be a procedure to solve this case in /usr/ports/UPDATING.

I haven't been able to find anything.

> Please ask the maintainer to add one if reinstalling windowmaker works
> for you.
>
> Cheers

ports@ is the maintainer for WindowMaker and there is no maintainer
entry for libwraster

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt