LibreOffice 3.6.5 on amd

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 02:03:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Albert Shih <Albert.Shih at obspm.fr> wrote:

>> > On one of my pc everything compile, everything work but the registration
>> > don't work, the make install finish with :
>> >

>> > ===>   Registering installation for libreoffice-3.6.5_1
>> > pkg_create: read_plist: unknown command '@dirrmtry share/mimelnk/application' (package tools out of date?)
>> > pkg_create: read_plist: unknown command '@dirrmtry share/mimelnk' (package tools out of date?)
>> > pkg_create: read_plist: unknown command '@dirrmtry share/mime/packages' (package tools out of date?)
>> > pkg_create: read_plist: unknown command '@dirrmtry share/mime' (package tools out of date?)
>> > pkg_create: read_plist: unknown command '@dirrmtry share/icons/locolor/32x32/mimetypes' (package tools out of date?)
>> > pkg_create: read_plist: unknown command '@dirrmtry share/icons/locolor/32x32/apps' (package tools out of date?)
>> > pkg_create: write_plist: unknown command type -1 (share/mimelnk/application)
>> > *** [fake-pkg] Error code 2
>> >
>> > Stop in /usr/ports/editors/libreoffice.
>> > *** [reinstall] Error code 1
>> >
>> > Stop in /usr/ports/editors/libreoffice.
>> >
>> > Any idea ?
>> >

>> I get the same thing and libreoffice puts up the splash screen, sits
>> for about 6 seconds without updating the progress bar at all, and
>> exits without error (0). Ugh!
>
> Absolutely....and work fine. But if you do
>
>         pkg_info|grep libreoff
>
> you can see they are a little problem about the registration. Nothing to do
> with the compilation or the installation.

Ah. Didn't read my whole response, I guess.

It does not work fine. It puts up the Libreoffice3 splash ofr 6
seconds and exits with no error (returns 0). That is a long way from
"work fine". I have still have libreoffice-3.6.5 on my laptop and it
does work, but I don't know if the changes in PORTREVISION 1 broke it
or if there is an issue with the i386 build. The one that works is an
amd64.

I'll try updating the amd64 system tonight and see how it does. I see
jkim has fixed the plist issue.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com