New version of TeX?

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 6 13:50:30 UTC 2013

On 02/05/13 21:01, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> On 04/02/2013 21:08, Boris Samorodov wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/171571
>>
>> I use the patch from this PR together with the attached diff
>> and portmaster seems to DTRT with dependencies.
>
> Seeing that someone else actually uses it, I just attached a little
> update fixing a problem I discovered only a couple of days ago. I
> recommend you to install texlive-base again.
>
> Also I think it would be nice if you attached your patches to the PR.
>
> Regards

Is there any chance this could be committed now pending a longer-term
rearchitecture of the TeX stuff? I just installed it on three machines
(thanks!) with no trouble at all and everything is working perfectly.
Waiting for some long-term solution seems to be making the perfect the
enemy of the good -- and this Friday will mark 8 years since the last
teTeX update.
-Nathan