www/rt42: Fail Install

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Tue Dec 10 15:54:54 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-10 07:24, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On 12/10/13 04:05, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>
> Many errors along the lines of:
>
>> pkg-static:
>> lstat(/usr/ports/www/rt42/work/stage/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14/RT.pm):
>> No such file or directory
>
> What is the output of:
>
>    % perl -v
>
>    % make -C /usr/ports/www/rt42 -V SITE_PERL
>
>    ... any mention of perl related stuff in /etc/make.conf ?
>
> Note that nowadays the approved method of choosing a different perl
> version than the default used by the ports is to define
>
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS=     perl5=5.16
>
> in /etc/make.conf.  The ports wide current default is 5.16 but your
> output indicates something on your system is expecting 5.14.  ---
> that's
> the cause of the problem.  I've tested rt42 by building packages
> against
> several different perl versions, and the error you saw does not occur
> if
> the perl version is specified correctly and all of the dependencies are
> installed using the selected perl version.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew
# perl -v

This is perl 5, version 14, subversion 4 (v5.14.4) built for
amd64-freebsd

Copyright 1987-2013, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License
or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to
the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home
Page.

# make -C /usr/ports/www/rt42 -V SITE_PERL
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14
# grep -i PERL /etc/make.conf
#WITHOUT_PERL=  yes
#WITH_MODPERL2=yes
#

so I'm not sure what the issue is.  I'll set DEFAULT_VERSIONS.....

Phone: +1 214-642-9640 (c)     E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 108 Turvey Cove, Hutto, TX 78634-5688