www/rt42: Fail Install

Matthew Seaman matthew at freebsd.org
Tue Dec 10 13:24:47 UTC 2013

On 12/10/13 04:05, Larry Rosenman wrote:

Many errors along the lines of:

> pkg-static:
> lstat(/usr/ports/www/rt42/work/stage/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14/RT.pm):
> No such file or directory

What is the output of:

   % perl -v

   % make -C /usr/ports/www/rt42 -V SITE_PERL

   ... any mention of perl related stuff in /etc/make.conf ?

Note that nowadays the approved method of choosing a different perl
version than the default used by the ports is to define

DEFAULT_VERSIONS=     perl5=5.16

in /etc/make.conf.  The ports wide current default is 5.16 but your
output indicates something on your system is expecting 5.14.  --- that's
the cause of the problem.  I've tested rt42 by building packages against
several different perl versions, and the error you saw does not occur if
the perl version is specified correctly and all of the dependencies are
installed using the selected perl version.

	Cheers,

	Matthew