pkgng upgrade options

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 01:18:34 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Daniel Nebdal <dnebdal at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I just left those out and only posted those with " OPTIONS_FILE_SET"

> > Yes, the FreeBSD repo is listed first while myrepo is #2. I don't see
> how I
> > can change the order though. Combining all repo info into a single file
> > comes to mind; tried and it seems to break things.
> >
> > The unixODBC / libiodbc conflict is from these two: databases/php5-odbc
>  &
> > databases/php5-pdo_odbc
> > They both have "OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=IODBC" however, so should nat ask for
> > unixODBC
> >
> > The most serious pkg conflict I am seeing is devel/py27-distribute vs.
> > devel/py27-setuptools
> > "pkg set -o devel/py27-distribute:devel/py27-setuptools" has no effect.
> > Only
> > emulators/virtualbox-ose is asking for devel/py-distribute.
> >

> > -----
> > FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS
> >

> This might be overly trivial, but ... is py27-setuptools already installed,
> by chance? Can you try removing it?
>

> --
> Daniel Nebdal

The issue with py-distribute/py-setuptools is covered in UPDATING. Just
follow the instructions.

ODBC is a more difficult issue. There are two ALMOST compatible
implementations of OMDB an most ports use one, but a few use the other. Due
to nearly identical name spaces, it is simply not possible to install both.
Most ports can link with either (see make config), so try to get them all
happy with one or the other and get rid of the one not used. Good luck.

--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com