[poudriere] creation/update of jails failing

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Fri Aug 23 20:34:37 UTC 2013

Hi --

Disclaimer: I have to admit that I am still very unexperienced with poudriere even though using it for a couple of month now.

I do have two jails compiling packages for release and stable created some time ago by:

| poudriere jail -c stable  -c -v stable/9   -m svn -J 6
| poudriere jail -c release -c -v releng/9.2 -m svn -J 6

Starting yesterday I have to deal with failing updates:

| poudriere jail -c stable  -u -J 6
| poudriere jail -c release -u -J 6

Error message from creation of both jails:

| gzip -cn texinfo.info > texinfo.info.gz
| [...]
| ===> lib/clang/include (all)
| 1 error
| *** [everything] Error code 2
| 1 error
| *** [buildworld] Error code 2
| 1 error
| ====>> Error: Fail to build world
| ====>> Error while creating jail, cleaning up.
| ====>> Removing stable jail... done

Those errors are reproducible even after removing every zfs filesystem dedicated to poudriere jails and starting from scratch (poudriere jail -c ...).

Any hint/recommendation is highly appreciated, thanks,
Michael