Problem with portmaster and /or QT3

Edwin L. Culp W. edwinlculp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 00:17:12 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Edwin L. Culp W. <edwinlculp at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Edwin L. Culp W. <edwinlculp at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I've had this problem that portmaster shows.
>>
>> # portmaster -a
>> ===>>> Gathering distinfo list for installed ports
>>
>> ===>>> Starting check of installed ports for available updates
>>
>> ===>>> The misc/kdehier port has been deleted: Has expired: Depends on QT3
>> ===>>> Aborting update
>>
>> ===>>> Killing background jobs
>> Terminated
>> ===>>> Exiting
>>
>> because of this portmaster -a can't be used.  Any suggestions
>> appreciated.
>>
>> I have followed ports UPDATING by
>> portmaster -r kdelibs-4\*
>>
>> It ran fine and I can't find anything else
>>
>> System Information:
>> # uname -a
>> FreeBSD home.encontacto.net 9.1-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p5 #542
>> r253796: Tue Jul 30 06:45:17 CDT 2013     root at home.encontacto.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ENCONTACTO
>>  amd64
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> ed
>>

> I just used portmaster -L to update my ports and built each with
> portmaster and no problem.  I am up to date, for now.  I still have the qt3
> error and there is no qt3 on this machine.  I like portmaster and don't
> really want to change and I am not a package fan due issues from years
> back.   I would still like to know  what I might have done to cause this
> problem and if a fix is possible.
>
> thanks,
>
> ed
>
> I just tried to find out why QT3 is stuck here and ran:
# portmaster -L
===>>> kdehier-1.0_11
        ===>>> The misc/kdehier port has been deleted: Has expired: Depends
on QT3

My machine only has the following kdehier files, no more
# locate kdehier
/usr/ports/misc/kdehier4
/usr/ports/misc/kdehier4/Makefile
/usr/ports/misc/kdehier4/files
/usr/ports/misc/kdehier4/files/dirlist
/usr/ports/misc/kdehier4/files/make-plist.sh
/usr/ports/misc/kdehier4/files/mtree-dirlist
/usr/ports/misc/kdehier4/files/session-kde4.conf.in
/usr/ports/misc/kdehier4/files/system-kde4.conf.in
/usr/ports/misc/kdehier4/pkg-descr
/usr/ports/misc/kdehier4/pkg-plist

===>>> kdehier-1.0_11
        ===>>> The misc/kdehier port has been deleted: Has expired: Depends
on QT3

This is driving me up a wall even though it isn't that important.  Thanks
again for your patience.

ed