Problem with portmaster and /or QT3

Edwin L. Culp W. edwinlculp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 17:31:45 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Edwin L. Culp W. <edwinlculp at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've had this problem that portmaster shows.
>
> # portmaster -a
> ===>>> Gathering distinfo list for installed ports
>
> ===>>> Starting check of installed ports for available updates
>
> ===>>> The misc/kdehier port has been deleted: Has expired: Depends on QT3
> ===>>> Aborting update
>
> ===>>> Killing background jobs
> Terminated
> ===>>> Exiting
>
> because of this portmaster -a can't be used.  Any suggestions appreciated.
>

> I have followed ports UPDATING by
> portmaster -r kdelibs-4\*
>
> It ran fine and I can't find anything else
>
> System Information:
> # uname -a
> FreeBSD home.encontacto.net 9.1-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p5 #542
> r253796: Tue Jul 30 06:45:17 CDT 2013     root at home.encontacto.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ENCONTACTO
>  amd64
>

> Thanks,
>
> ed

I just used portmaster -L to update my ports and built each with portmaster
and no problem.  I am up to date, for now.  I still have the qt3 error and
there is no qt3 on this machine.  I like portmaster and don't really want
to change and I am not a package fan due issues from years back.   I would
still like to know  what I might have done to cause this problem and if a
fix is possible.

thanks,

ed