LC_MESSAGES plist generation

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 20:55:49 UTC 2013

HI all,

It drives me absolutely nuts keeping track of which .mo files get
installed to %D/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES, and they seem to have new
ones added all the time.

This means that what should be a simple version bump turns into
chasing up gettext directories etc; have a look at [1] for the fun I
have most times I update transmission.

How do people feel about simply automatically generating the plist
entries?  This patch simply replaces all the %%NLS%% lines in the
plist with a single LC_MESSAGES=${mo_name}; for example the
Transmission port would use LC_MESSAGES=transmission-gtk.

The patch shows how accessibility/atk and gettext would be modified,
and there's a buildlog at [2] for atk, with obvious rough edges
(coupla empty directories left behind, obviously we can fix that with
hier cookies in gettext).

http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/lc-messages-patch.diff

Who else wants to chop out loads of useless plist lines? :)

Chris

[1] http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/net-p2p/transmission-gtk/pkg-plist

[2] http://www.bayofrum.net/tb/index.php?action=display_markup_log&build=7.4-local&id=2388