net/nbd-server

Wouter Verhelst w at uter.be
Thu Apr 4 08:08:37 UTC 2013

On 04-04-13 10:03, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> FreeBSD has been carrying an nbd-server port since a while. However,
> it's not been updated in a very long time now (2.8.5 is over 5 years
> old). I'm not a FreeBSD user myself, but the most recent upstream
> version *should* just work (at the very least I know its test suite
> finds no problems on Debian kFreeBSD).
>
> I'd appreciate it if you could either update it to something not so
> horribly outdated, or (failing that) remove it.

I was told (on freenode #FreeBSD) that this might be useful to know: the
test suite did not exist in the 2.8 days yet (so if updating, you might
wish to make sure it gets ran), and the new version also installs a new
binary, "nbd-trdump", and a few extra manpages, which you might need to
update something for.

Regards,

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy
requires you to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once,