Apache22 SUEXEC OptionsNG

Olli Hauer ohauer at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 25 20:10:42 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-25 11:16, Neal Nelson wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to update my apache22 installation, but it keeps whinging about having to use OptionsNG instead of the old options, which is fair enough.
>
> Unfortunately I can't find how to set the options I need to set for SUEXEC. Previously I had SUEXEC_GIDMIN, SUEXE_UIDMIN and most importantly SUEXEC_DOCROOT set, but from what I can see furtling through the Makefile, all that there seems to be now is MSUEXEC_RSRCLIMIT and MSUEXEC_USERDIR.
>
> If anyone can tell me how I can configure SUEXEC using OptionsNG  I'd be very grateful.
>
> Regards,

Hi Nelson,

this should do the trick.

$> cat /etc/make.conf
.if ${.CURDIR:M*/www/apache*}
SUEXE_UIDMIN=$num
SUEXEC_GIDMIN=$num
SUEXEC_DOCROOT=/some/path
.endif

or on the command line
$> make SUEXEC_UIDMIN=$num SUEXEC_GIDMIN=$num SUEXEC_DOCROOT=/some/path

To see your configured values (from make.conf) use the -V parameter
$> make -V SUEXEC_UIDMIN -V SUEXEC_GIDMIN -V SUEXEC_DOCROOT

If you don't see any output run `make config' and make sure SUEXEC is selected.

--
Regards,
olli