'pkg check -d' showing missing dependencies after upgrading lang/perl

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Wed Oct 24 19:49:10 UTC 2012

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 06:04:05 +1100
andrew clarke <mail at ozzmosis.com> wrote:

> I noticed at some point after installing and switching to pkgng, then
> upgrading Perl from 5.12 to 5.14 with 'portmaster -o lang/perl5.14
> lang/perl5.12', the 'pkg check -d' command would still list some ports
> with perl5.12 as a missing dependency:

I think this is a bug with portmaster. Portmaster should have run this
command on your behalf:

# pkg set -o lang/perl5.14:lang/perl5.12

This runs a query in the pkg sqlite database and update dependencies.
This clearly didn't happen for you yet, so thats where your errors come
from. There's a way to do this manually but I can't find it in my
notes. Hopefully someone can quickly reply to you with the solution or
perhaps I'll find it in a few minutes...