Snag in upgrading p5-XML-SAX and p5-XML-SAX-Base

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 21 22:23:49 UTC 2012

On 21/10/2012 22:44, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Now the problem is x11-toolkits/open-motif and lang/tcl85 allegedly trying
> to install files to the same location, meaning a conflict, and that has me
> stopped, Error 70.  Is there any command under pkg that would help?

That's a problem with the underlying ports, and should be reported as a
bug to their maintainers.  pkgng is stricter about such things than
pkg_tools, hence a number of cases coming to light as pkgng usage starts
to ramp up.

> Now I wonder where error codes are documented.  I see Error 1 and 2 most
> frequently, but where do I find what Error 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc mean?

pkgng uses sysexits.h for almost all of its error codes. 70 is
EX_SOFTWARE.  See sysexits(3).  Unfortunately, the error descriptions in
that manual page are so generic it doesn't really tell you anything much
about what actually went wrong.  There should be some sort of error
message though.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--