Snag in upgrading p5-XML-SAX and p5-XML-SAX-Base

Thomas Mueller mueller23 at insightbb.com
Sun Oct 21 21:44:08 UTC 2012

> On 21/10/2012 10:57, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > Actually, I find pkg in sbin directory as opposed to bin:
> > /usr/sbin/pkg and /usr/local/sbin/pkg .

> You're quire right.  pkg lives in .../sbin.  Sorry about that.

> > I followed your steps 1 to 4, found 638 packages, found the correct
> > permissions, and pkg info seemed to work correctly.

> > Now I wonder if the problem is fixed.

> Well, the tests show that the problem is not a completely hosed package
> database, which is good.

> So, the problem is confined to the p5-XML-SAX and p5-XML-SAX-Base ports.
>  You're trying to follow the instructions in the 20120512
> entry in UPDATING?  And the initial 'pkg delete' of p5-XML-SAX is
> showing the errors?

> You can check eg. what XML related packages are installed by:

>    pkg info -x XML

> If it doesn't show p5-XML-SAX then I'd say you're good to go, and can
> just reinstall p5-XML-SAX and p5-XML-SAX-Base and everything should be fine.

> Cheers,

> Matthew

> --
> Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.

I followed the instructions in the 20120512 entry in UPDATING, and was
successful.

Now the problem is x11-toolkits/open-motif and lang/tcl85 allegedly trying
to install files to the same location, meaning a conflict, and that has me
stopped, Error 70.  Is there any command under pkg that would help?

Now I wonder where error codes are documented.  I see Error 1 and 2 most
frequently, but where do I find what Error 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc mean?

Tom