java diablo-jdk

Patrick Lamaiziere patfbsd at davenulle.org
Tue Oct 9 21:16:21 UTC 2012

Hello,

I do not see the point to keep diablo-jdk as a build dependency of java.
Is there something that prevent us to distribute a package of openjdk,
just to be able to built a native version of openjdk or sunjdk ?

I'm tired of the "fetch the diablo-jdk from FreeBSD and agree with the
license". And even more since I use poudriere to build packages.

The FreeBSD java support is not bad (I'm happy with it, I can do
all my Java developpement on FreeBSD using netbeans and openjdk) but
this dependency on diablo really sucks. We don't need this IMO.

What do you think of this?

Regards.
(CC freebsd-java, please CC me)