gdal 1.9.1 (Was Re: graphics/gdal 1.9.0 does not build on CURRENT)

coder.tuxfamily coder at tuxfamily.org
Wed May 30 17:41:47 UTC 2012

Le 28.05.2012 18:37, Rainer Hurling a écrit :
> On 28.05.2012 18:18 (UTC+1), Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here's just a status update.
>>
>> I'm working on GDAL 1.9.1 update.
>
> That's nice to hear.

I agree.

>> I plan to move perl/php/python/ruby bindings to separate ports.
>> It also removes dirty python hacks from the master port.
>
> And the (slave) ports we would have to install additionally, if we want
> the bindings? Sounds reasonable.

You consider gdal like a metaport ?
Needs also the java binding. What about the R-gdal and gdal-grass ports ?

>> BTW, it seems swig 1.3.40 is enough for GDAL 1.9.1.
>
> So most people would only need 1.3.40 and not a parallel 2.0.x
> installation.
>
>> I can build ruby-gdal successfully with swig 1.3.40 and ruby 1.9.
>> But I haven't tested if the generated shared libraries are OK.
>
> Good luck also with MDB (java) and the shared libraries.

I will try to port some drivers :
- libgta http://gta.nongnu.org/gtatool.html
- ogdi http://ogdi.sourceforge.net/
- FileGDBAPI Esri
http://resources.arcgis.com/content/geodatabases/10.0/file-gdb-api (I
don't know about license...)
- RASDAMAN
http://rasdaman.eecs.jacobs-university.de/trac/rasdaman/wiki/Download

And also, what do you think about the recurring question about unixODBC
and libiodbc ?

Thanks for your works.

Loïc.