Continual error dialogs since upgrading some ports

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Mon May 28 10:29:46 UTC 2012

Since upgrading a number of ports yesterday, I'm now being hounded
continually with error dialogs popping up with the message:

"An internal system error has occurred

A problem that we were not expecting has occurred.
Please report this bug in your distribution bugtracker with
the error description."

The dialog is adorned with that little "lifesaver" image used by the
GNOME help system, as well as a "Show details" button.  Unfortunately,
the details provided are a little vague, popping up another dialog
showing the same message as the initial dialog, but with a "More
details" dropdown button.  "More details" provides only the following:

"The backend exited unexpectedly.  This is a serious error as the
spawned backend did not complete the pending transaction."

Nowhere to be seen is any mention of exactly what program is spawning
these error dialogs.  Anyone ever seen these and/or have any idea where
they might be coming from?

Thanks!

--
Conrad J. Sabatier