portmaster and php 5.4/5.3 issues

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri May 18 11:17:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 12:40:06PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Florian Smeets, and lo! it spake thus:
> On 05/18/2012 12:09, Daniel Braniss wrote:
> > what (if any :-), is the magic to convince portmaster to compile
> > the php53-* extensions instead of php5-* extensions?
>
> you need to deinstall all php5* ports (something like pkg_delete -x
> php5) and reinstall php53 and php53-extensions with your list of
> modules set to on. One example, if you have archivers/php5-zip now
> you need archivers/php53-zip with php53.

As a dirty rotten underhanded wildly-unsupported trick I've used in
the past to hack around this issue, I've manually edited
/var/db/pkg/php5-*/+CONTENTS to s/php5/php5_/ all the ORIGIN lines.
Then I could just `portmaster` or `portupgrade -f` them all, and it
winds up OK.  Usually.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net