portmaster and php 5.4/5.3 issues

Florian Smeets flo at freebsd.org
Fri May 18 10:40:07 UTC 2012

[Moved to ports@]

On 05/18/2012 12:09, Daniel Braniss wrote:
> hi,
> doing
> 	portmaster -a
> today wants to upgrade php5.3 to php5.4 which I'm
> not ready yet, so I dis-installed php5 and installed php53, but
> now portmaster wants to upgrade the php extentiosn to 5.4 even though
> php is 5.3.13.
> what (if any :-), is the magic to convince portmaster to compile
> the php53-* extensions instead of php5-* extensions?

Hi,

you need to deinstall all php5* ports (something like pkg_delete -x
php5) and reinstall php53 and php53-extensions with your list of modules
set to on. One example, if you have archivers/php5-zip now you need
archivers/php53-zip with php53. I will try to come up with something to
put into UPDATING later today hopefully.

Florian