security/openssh-portable
Cy Schubert
Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Wed Mar 14 07:57:48 UTC 2012
Hi all,
Our openssh-portable port hasn't been updated to 5.9p1, so I took advantage
of a free evening to see if I could update it. Unfortunately Simon
Wilkinson's GSSAPI patch no longer applies, as it hasn't been updated since
OpenSSH 5.8. It has been superceeded by the NCSA illinois.edu GSI patch,
which not only include the Wilkinson's GSSAPI Patch but also the HPN patch,
among others. Unfortunately this patch also conflicts with some of our own
FreeBSD patches in the port. What I propose to do is remove the GSSAPI
patch from security/openssh-portable and for those who need the GSSAPI
server key exchange, create a new port (through a repocopy of course) which
includes the illinois.edu GSI patch with reworked FreeBSD patches resolving
patch conflicts, calling it security/openssh-portable-gsi. Does this make
any sense to anyone?
Or, instead of the above, just include the GSI patch by default in a
one-size-fits-all openssh-portable port? (Meaning that the GSI patch is
applied regardless.) Does this make more sense to people?
--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>
FreeBSD UNIX: <cy at FreeBSD.org> Web: http://www.FreeBSD.org
More information about the freebsd-ports
mailing list