Boost ports update

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at
Wed Mar 7 22:44:51 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 11:56:17PM +0300, Alexander Churanov wrote:
> Folks,
> I've read the conversation on ports/156253 ("Update devel/boost-* from
> 1.45 to 1.46.1") and decided to share current status of my work.
> I have a patch for updating Boost to 1.48.0.
> Yes, I know that 1.19 is already released. However, I think that it
> will be much more easier to update 1.48 to 1.49 later on than this
> huge year-long jump from 1.45.
> The patch includes fixes for several ports:
> graphics/aqsis
> net-p2p/eiskaltdcpp-lib
> net-p2p/libtorrent-rasterbar-14
> x11-toolkits/gigi

Cool thank you

> I was only testing on 8.2/i386. The ports, which fail after applying
> the patch are:
> fail because of outdated use of Boost.Filesystem
>   devel/libYGP
>   games/galaxyhack
both looks dead, I think we can safely mark them as broken,

>   graphics/luxrender

There is a newer version of it (0.8) maybe it works with recent boost, I CC
maintainer (danfe@) for him to tell us if he knows

> fail because of Qt Moc-specific error
>   astro/merkaartor
>   cad/openscad
>   math/py-graphtool
>   multimedia/gstreamer-qt4
> fail for other reasons
>   deskutils/kdepim4
>   devel/sdts++
>   devel/simgear
>   editors/koffice-kde4
>   editors/libreoffice
>   games/fgrun
>   games/frogatto
>   games/lander
>   games/openlierox
>   games/plee-the-bear

For libreoffice a solution could be to reuse the bundled version for 3.4.5 (stop
using the one from the ports, 3.5 build with 1.48, please to not take
libreoffice in account while working on this patch, we are able to fix it when

and because I don't have time to work much on libreoffice either, let's CC
office@ for other member to maybe work on it :D

> I believe that errors related to Boost.Filesystem are easy to fix. As
> for the Moc failing on BOOST_JOIN, it requires patching Qt. I hesitate
> to include the fix into my patch, since it would require rebuilding
> more ports. The workaround (patch) is available at
> .

Let's CC kde@ for that one :D
> I'm not sure what is the best way to proceed with the update. There is
> a set (maybe, mix?) of possible options: fixing ports, marking them as
> broken, etc. I need an advice, especially from folks, who work with Qt
> and the failing ports.
> Let's coordinate with each other and decide what to do next.

That is the right thing todo :D, sorry but I can't continue the work I started
on it for now.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 196 bytes
Desc: not available
Url :

More information about the freebsd-ports mailing list