NOPORTDOCS and NOPORTEXAMPLES

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Mon Jun 11 14:00:56 UTC 2012

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

>>> You can use PORT_OPTIONS:MEXAMPLES for this case.
>>>
>>> I believe I did this recently in www/flot
>>
>> But only after bsd.port.options.mk is included.  Here's what I was
>> trying to do:
>>
>> .if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MDOCS}
>> OPTIONS_DEFINE+=        REFDOCS
>> REFDOCS_DESC=           Install the reference documents
>> OPTIONS_DEFAULT+=       REFDOCS
>> .endif
>>
>> .if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MEXAMPLES}
>> OPTIONS_DEFINE+=        EXAMPLES
>> EXAMPLES_DESC=          Install the example code
>> OPTIONS_DEFAULT+=       EXAMPLES
>> .endif
>>
>> .include <bsd.port.options.mk>
>>

> Why not simply that way:
>
> OPTIONS_DEFINE=	... DOCS EXAMPLES
>
> DOCS_DESC=	Install the reference documents
>
> And done.
>
> Condtion an EXAMPLES on EXAMPLES options doesn't make sense to me.
>
> by default DOCS and EXAMPLES are on expect if the user set NOPORTDOCS,
> NOPORTEXAMPLES or OPTIONS_UNSET= DOCS EXAMPLES

The logic has probably gotten twisted around, and it's been long enough
since I did this that I don't recall the situation.  I think it was just
to prevent the options screen from appearing if NOPORTDOCS and
NOPORTEXAMPLES were set.

I don't see a way to do that without using the old versions of those
variables.  The new ones have not been set until after
bsd.port.options.mk is included, and by then the dialog has been shown.