NOPORTDOCS and NOPORTEXAMPLES

Jason Helfman jhelfman at e-e.com
Mon Jun 11 00:26:17 UTC 2012

> On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Jason Helfman wrote:
>
>>> So references to NOPORTDOCS should be replaced with references to
>>> PORT_OPTIONS:MDOCS now?  Why that but not NOPORTEXAMPLES?
>>
>> You can use PORT_OPTIONS:MEXAMPLES for this case.
>>
>> I believe I did this recently in www/flot
>
> But only after bsd.port.options.mk is included.  Here's what I was
> trying to do:
>
> .if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MDOCS}
> OPTIONS_DEFINE+=        REFDOCS
> REFDOCS_DESC=           Install the reference documents
> OPTIONS_DEFAULT+=       REFDOCS
> .endif
>
> .if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MEXAMPLES}
> OPTIONS_DEFINE+=        EXAMPLES
> EXAMPLES_DESC=          Install the example code
> OPTIONS_DEFAULT+=       EXAMPLES
> .endif
>
> .include <bsd.port.options.mk>
>
> ...which doesn't work because DOCS and EXAMPLES don't exist yet.

True. I should've mentioned some updated documentation here regarding
options, if you didn't know about it already:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-options.html

If anything doesn't make sense please raise the issue, and possibly send
in a documentation patch if you have time. White space patch doesn't count
;)

-jgh