[HEADSUP] New framework options aka optionng

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 2 20:16:26 UTC 2012

On 6/1/2012 12:13 PM, Ulrich Spörlein wrote:
> I hate WITHOUT_NLS and NO_PORTDOCS with a passion. They work for 80% of
> the ports you are likely to install, so they are not a safe way to
> escape docs or NLS. Why bother? Seriously, could someone give me a
> usecase for them?

I don't need the !English language support offered by NLS/gettext, so
prefer not to have the extra space consumed on my hard drives whenever
possible. Is anything in software ever truly a 100% solution? That said,
I agree that the default should be "ON" for the purpose of package
building, and if the whole knob went away I wouldn't lose sleep.

I don't use NOPORTDOCS personally, but I can see the use case for it,
and don't mind putting in the effort to support it in my ports.

hth,

Doug