status of eclipse [WAS Re: No working IDE in FreeBSD!]

Michael Scheidell scheidell at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 28 12:40:40 UTC 2012

On 2/28/12 4:38 AM, kron wrote:
> I tried to update the port but failed and now I'm short
> of time. Is anybody working on the port? A week or two
> ago I asked on freebsd-eclipse@ but no response.
generally speaking, ports@ group can help with minor things, and I have
found that sometimes the more complex, the bigger challenge, the more
help you will get.

rarely, if ever have I found it necessary to hire someone to do the
actual porting for me, but if its a business case, and worth it, you
might mention it in ports@ (no, i am not offering..)  .  But you might
consider it.
(FreeBSD never needed to set up a 'bounty' system for people wanting to
help pay for a port, have they?  I have seen this done on other open
source projects, mostly to add features and re-arrange priorities, based
on ca$h used as a voting system )

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
 >*| * SECNAP Network Security Corporation
d: +1.561.948.2259
w: http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell