www/firefox and mail/thunderbird localization

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Tue Feb 21 10:43:26 UTC 2012

2012/2/20 Oliver Heesakkers <freebsd at heesakkers.info>:
> Op ma 20 feb 2012 17:50:17 schreef Olivier Smedts:
>> Hello,
>>

>> Since Firefox 10.0 I don't have localized menus anymore.
>> (...)
>> Any advice ?
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2012-February/072850.html

First, hello. Then, I already saw that, but what's the point of
installing a global extension (the localization) if each user has to
install the *distfile* xpi (read: not an xpi installed by the
firefox-i18n port in /usr/local/lib/xpi/, but the xpi fetched by the
port in /usr/ports/distfiles/) in his Firefox profile ?

To resume, the www/firefox-i18n port does not work any more, at least
for the "fr-FR" locale, at least on two different computers I own, and
at least one some other computers owned by others individuals who seem
to be using other locales. While it's broken, a workaround is to
manually install the french localization from the mozilla website. But
what can be done to repair the port or help debug this ?

Cheers

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."