Requested changes to lang/php5 port

rflynn at acsalaska.net rflynn at acsalaska.net
Sat Feb 11 01:43:14 UTC 2012

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Maxim Khitrov <max at mxcrypt.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to request two minor changes to the lang/php5 port:
>>
>> 1. Change 'CONFIGURE_ARGS=' line to 'CONFIGURE_ARGS+=' to allow
>> customizations to the arguments. One reason for this is that some
>> extensions, like security/php5-hash, have to be compiled into the
>> core. Otherwise, 'session.hash_function' option cannot use hash
>> algorithms offered by that extension. See the following bug report for
>> more info:
>>
>> https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=53789
>>
>> 2. Unless there is a very good reason for keeping them, I think
>> '--enable-libxml' and especially '--enable-mysqlnd' should be removed
>> from the default set of arguments. Make these two part of the options
>> dialog, if you want, but there are plenty of installations that have
>> no need for any MySQL or XML functionality. Why compile these into the
>> core by default?
>
> Actually, I now realize that changing 'CONFIGURE_ARGS=' to
> 'CONFIGURE_ARGS+=' wouldn't help me, because --disable-all would
> negate --enable-hash, which I was planning to specify.

No, it won't negate it. --disable-all means "start with an empty set and
for each --enable-foo add foo to the set".

You can add to CONFIGURE_ARGS using a Makefile.local which is included
at bsd.port.pre.mk time.

> As for removing --enable-libxml, it seems to be required when building
> the port (maybe for fpm?), but --enable-mysqlnd should definitely be
> removed by default.

As far as I can tell, --enable-mysqlnd does not add to dependencies, as:
make -C /usr/ports/lang/php5 all-depends-list
shows me as does:
% ls /var/db/pkg|egrep 'php|mysql'
php5-5.3.9

-- Mel