Requested changes to lang/php5 port

Maxim Khitrov max at mxcrypt.com
Fri Feb 10 18:29:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Maxim Khitrov <max at mxcrypt.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to request two minor changes to the lang/php5 port:
>
> 1. Change 'CONFIGURE_ARGS=' line to 'CONFIGURE_ARGS+=' to allow
> customizations to the arguments. One reason for this is that some
> extensions, like security/php5-hash, have to be compiled into the
> core. Otherwise, 'session.hash_function' option cannot use hash
> algorithms offered by that extension. See the following bug report for
> more info:
>
> https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=53789
>
> 2. Unless there is a very good reason for keeping them, I think
> '--enable-libxml' and especially '--enable-mysqlnd' should be removed
> from the default set of arguments. Make these two part of the options
> dialog, if you want, but there are plenty of installations that have
> no need for any MySQL or XML functionality. Why compile these into the
> core by default?

Actually, I now realize that changing 'CONFIGURE_ARGS=' to
'CONFIGURE_ARGS+=' wouldn't help me, because --disable-all would
negate --enable-hash, which I was planning to specify.

What would be the best way of passing custom --enable-X arguments to
CONFIGURE_ARGS after --disable-all is set?

As for removing --enable-libxml, it seems to be required when building
the port (maybe for fpm?), but --enable-mysqlnd should definitely be
removed by default.

- Max