portmaster -w -r icu wants to install new ports

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Fri Dec 28 02:08:48 UTC 2012

Hi - I just updated my ports tree with portsnap and, per UPDATING, ran
portmaster -w -r icu to rebuild ports that depend on icu.  However,
portmaster also listed a long list of new ports it was going to build
and install -- things like shells/bash and a lot from x11/.  Is this
intended behavior?  I thought portmaster -w -r icu would only build and
reinstall all installed ports that depend on icu.  Can't say I've come
across portmaster doing this before but maybe I'm just forgetful in my
old age.  :-)

Thanks.

--
Chess Griffin