Problems with devel/apr1 or options_group

Dewayne Geraghty dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au
Thu Dec 27 14:49:06 UTC 2012

Olli,

Thank-you for the suggestion, unfortunately the result was the same, apr-util is built "without-ldap".

I tested on two separate runs modifying ports.conf as follows:
Run 1: (a desperate try-all run)
devel/apr1: WITH_THREADS | WITH_BDB | WITH_LDAP | WITHOUT_GDBM | APR1_UNSET=GDBM | APR1_SET=THREADS BDB LDAP | APR_UNSET=GDBM |
APR_SET=THREADS BDB LDAP | APU_UNSET=GDBM | APU_SET=THREADS BDB LDAP

Run2: (in case there was a negative interaction between variables, apr and apr1?)
devel/apr1: WITH_THREADS | WITH_BDB | WITH_LDAP | WITHOUT_GDBM | APR_UNSET=GDBM | APR_SET=THREADS BDB LDAP

With the same unsuccessful result.

Kimmo, Good point.  In fact my ports.conf is the result of an automated script that "converted" all of the WITH_ and WITHOUT_
statements to UNIQUENAME_SET and _UNSET, until I have to modify it as a result of port maintainers' changes.  A logical though
clearly wrong assumption which applies to both devel/apr1's  and devel/apr2's case, where "make -V UNIQUENAME" returns apr.  And
probably should be taken up as a separate thread. ;)

This might help someone recall their workaround or why.  Grepping the output from "make -DBATCH -d vc", the first without-ldap
appears as:

Global:APU_CONF_ARGS = --with-apr=${APR_WRKDIR}  --with-expat=${LOCALBASE}  --with-iconv=${LOCALBASE} --with-gdbm=${LOCALBASE}
--with-berkeley-db=${BDB_INCLUDE_DIR}:${BDB_LIB_DIR} --without-ndbm --without-ldap
If this is helpful I'm happy to put forward the full trace, but I fear something else is blocking the build.

Regards, Dewayne.
Sydney, Australia (GMT+11)
So apologies if I might appear a little slow in replying after 1:30am