graphics/opencv apparently broken, also out of date: update

Marcus von Appen mva at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 23 09:48:21 UTC 2012

On, Sun Dec 23, 2012, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> I originally sent this early last November, but nothing happened, and
> now the ports freeze is over.
>

> I had great difficulty using send-pr when submitting the problem with graphics/gnash, couldn't set MAIL_AGENT to what I use (msmtp) with sendmail not set up: just got error messages.  Try again?
>
> I am snagged in graphics/opencv in my massive upgrade of ports, and see error
> messages in the log file indicating errors in the C code.  I also see there is
> a newer version of openCV out.  But I was able to pigeonhole graphics/opencv
> and four other ports that depend on opencv and complete the rest of the massive
> upgrade of ports.

I think, I sent you some instructions on how to fix it, in case it is a
Python-related issue that I struggled into as well.

[...]

> Scanning dependencies of target opencv_python
> [ 63%] Building CXX object modules/python/CMakeFiles/opencv_python.dir/src2/cv2.o
[...]

Yes, it is Python, which causes it. Find a patch attached, which should
fix the issue. Please apply it as follows:

# cd /usr/ports/graphics/opencv
# patch -p0 < /path/to/the/opencv.patch
# rm Makefile.orig files/extra-patch-opencv_nopython.orig

After you have patched it, you can try to build and install graphics/opencv
again. Let me know, if this solves the issue for you.

Cheers
Marcus