[RFC/HEADSUP] portmaster default -w (preserve shared libraries)

Matthieu Volat mazhe at alkumuna.eu
Wed Dec 12 06:51:53 UTC 2012

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 09:55:24 -0600
Bryan Drewery <bdrewery at freebsd.org> wrote:

> (As maintainer) I'm proposing to make -w the default for portmaster.
> This will preserve old shared libraries when upgrading. This helps 2 things:
>
> [...]

I have a few question about what happens if you always use this flag:
* Do you keep every version of the shlibs you ever built on your system?
* Are there any method to clean the unused ones?
* What do we do about libraries versions that have security issues and that we need to get out asap?

Regards,

--
Matthieu Volat <mazhe at alkumuna.eu>