portmaster 3.13.13 real endless loop "Waiting on fetch & checksum..."

Michael Ranner michael at ranner.eu
Sun Aug 12 18:14:26 UTC 2012

Am 12.08.12 01:19, schrieb Doug Barton:
> On 08/11/2012 06:35, Michael Ranner wrote:
>> There seems some weird problem with "-DBATCH" on my system. With the
>> following modification (without -DBATCH) fetch will start to download
>> but it will still not exit from pm_make2. There is no output for XXX6
> First, don't use BATCH routinely.
>
> Second, move aside your /etc/make.conf, and any portmaster rc files that
> you have, and try again. If that works, add in the options one by one
> till you find the culprit.
I have removed /etc/make.conf and /usr/local/etc/portmaster.rc, cleaned
up /var/db/ports but with no success.

What could be the relation or better the problem with the portmaster
script and -DBATCH. I have seperated the pm_make function and the small
subshell for fetching to another shell script and there it works.

I habe checked the Makefiles in /usr/share/mk, removed and extracted the
ports tree several times, rebuild world, mergemaster - dont know where
to go.

Michael

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen