BUILD_DEPENDS and libraries -- how to express build-time-only dependency on library?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 1 17:27:42 UTC 2012

Hello, Chris.
You wrote 1 апреля 2012 г., 21:22:36:

>>>  It works, but here are other problem: if iconv or gettext or
>>> something like this are used, they added after all libs anyway :(
>> Well, don't iconv and gettext require it?  In that case it needs
>> registering.  Otherwise iconv and gettext should have their deps
>> fixed....
>   My port builds with static linkage. After port is built and
> installed, it doesn't need any other ports in system. But if I use
> USE_ICONV, and, later do something like this:

> OLD_LIB_DEPENDS:=
> ${LIB_DEPENDS:S!^!${LOCALBASE}/lib/lib!:C!(\.[0-9]+)?:!.a:!}
> BUILD_DEPENDS+=         ${OLD_LIB_DEPENDS}
> LIB_DEPENDS=
>  I have proper BUILD_DEPENDS which is built from MY libraries, but
> iconv, gettext & Ko are in LIB_DEPENDS anyway :(
 USE_GETTEXT could be set to "build" but not USE_ICONV and USE_BDB.
And all my manipulations with *_DEPENDS goes before effect of these
options :(

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>