BUILD_DEPENDS and libraries -- how to express build-time-only dependency on library?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 1 17:22:44 UTC 2012

Hello, Chris.
You wrote 1 апреля 2012 г., 20:59:18:

>>> BUILD_DEPENDS=${LOCALBASE}/lib/libfoo.a:${PORTSDIR}/foo/libfoo ?
>>  It works, but here are other problem: if iconv or gettext or
>> something like this are used, they added after all libs anyway :(
> Well, don't iconv and gettext require it?  In that case it needs
> registering.  Otherwise iconv and gettext should have their deps
> fixed....
  My port builds with static linkage. After port is built and
installed, it doesn't need any other ports in system. But if I use
USE_ICONV, and, later do something like this:

OLD_LIB_DEPENDS:=       ${LIB_DEPENDS:S!^!${LOCALBASE}/lib/lib!:C!(\.[0-9]+)?:!.a:!}
BUILD_DEPENDS+=         ${OLD_LIB_DEPENDS}
LIB_DEPENDS=

 I have proper BUILD_DEPENDS which is built from MY libraries, but
iconv, gettext & Ko are in LIB_DEPENDS anyway :(

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>