About games/flightgear-aircrafts

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Thu Sep 22 13:58:47 UTC 2011

On 9/22/2011 9:38 AM, Greg Larkin wrote:

> I don't use flightgear, so others would have a better opinion than me
> about how to partition the airplane ports.  Is there a forum on the
> upstream distro site where you could ask?
>
> You can also break them by first letter of the distfile names, combining
> where appropriate.  An analysis of the number of distfiles per first
> letter of the filename yields:
>
> 2 1
> 7 16
> a 35
> b 30
> c 30
> d 29
> e 5
> f 28
> g 5
> h 18
> i 2
> j 9
> k 8
> l 17
> m 22
> n 6
> o 4
> p 22
> q 1
> r 10
> s 32
> t 8
> u 2
> v 7
> w 1
> x 2
> y 3
> z 2
>
> You could combine some letters together and make a bunch of add-on ports
> with ~30 planes per port.

	I don't use this program either, but my first reaction was to break it
into broad categories.
	For example:

	aircraft-required
         aircraft-25-most-popular
         aircraft-civilian-prop
         aircraft-civilian-jet
	aircraft-military-prop
         aircraft-military-jet

	Other categories may suggest themselves to those more familiar with the
game.

			Robert Huff