Strange issues while upgrading ports

Daniel Nebdal dnebdal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 14:10:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Marco Beishuizen <mbeis at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2011, the wise Kaya Saman wrote:
>
>> Then ran portupgrade -a
>>
>> for some weird reason the packages listed below didn't get upgraded; upon
>> the error output 'portupgrade' was trying to replace the port with the same
>> version: eg. apache-2.2.13 error came up with the fact that apache-2.2.13
>> was to be installed again but was already installed so I needed to run: make
>> deinstall; make install; make clean in order to re-install apache22......
>
> Did you csup your portstree first?

He used portsnap, which does the same thing.
By the way: "portsnap fetch extract update" is pointless: "extract"
gives you a clean copy of the last fetched version, and  "update"
extracts only what has changed since the last extract or update. Use
"portsnap fetch extract" once, then "portsnap fetch update" from then
on. (Or replace "fetch" with "cron" if you're doing this automatically
- it adds a random delay to not overload the servers at popular times
of the day.)

--
Daniel Nebdal