Strange issues while upgrading ports

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 25 14:28:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 12:14:40 +0200
Kaya Saman wrote:

> I used the:
>
> portsnap fetch extract upgrade

I assume you mean update rather than upgrade. You don't need to run
extract and update together. You run extract the first time to
extract the full snapshot and then update subsequently. That's not your
problem though.

> command in order to get the latest editions of each port.
>
> Then ran portupgrade -a
>

> for some weird reason the packages listed below didn't get upgraded;
> upon the error output 'portupgrade' was trying to replace the port
> with the same version: eg. apache-2.2.13 error came up with the fact
> that apache-2.2.13 was to be installed again but was already
> installed so I needed to run: make deinstall; make install; make
> clean in order to re-install apache22......

It would have been more useful to see the actual output with some
context.

> # pkg_version -v | grep updating

Try running pkg_version -Iv to see if it's an INDEX problem