Unable to build swt-devel on systems with webkit-gtk2 installed

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 22:56:28 UTC 2011

Looking back in the archive I see several messages about problems
building x11-toolkits/swt-devel on systems with webkit-gtk2 installed.
All fail with:
      [exec] cc -shared -s -o libswt-awt-gtk-3659.so swt_awt.o
-L/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/i386 -ljawt
     [exec] make: don't know how to make make_webkit. Stop

Is there any hope of getting this fixed? I'm totally out of my depth
to try to figure out what needs to be done.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com