sysutils/gpart: deprecated port, anyone interested?

Michal Varga varga.michal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 17:54:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 10:36 -0700, Jason Helfman wrote:

> Whoops :)
>
> I ran the base gpart, so not sure if it works, but I suppose it could, just
> not on my system.
>
> [jhelfman at eggman ~/ports/sysutils/gpart]$ sudo /usr/local/sbin/gpart show
>
> *** Fatal error: open(show): No such file or directory.
>
> -jgh

gpart (the port, not the base geom tool) doesn't work that way, you're
still confusing the two. sysutils/gpart is a tool for rebuilding broken
partitions, so the parameter you're looking for is a device name, not
"show" (what the error message basically told you).

m.

--
Michal Varga,
Stonehenge (Gmail account)