Plans for making MAKE_JOBS_SAFE as default

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 14 10:06:31 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 10:14:46PM +0300, Anonymous wrote:
> Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> > On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 07:12:22AM -0600, Ade Lovett wrote:
> >> Given that we're _really_ close to 7.4/8.2 -- not this side of
> >> January <mumble> -- random uneducated guess.  In time for 9.0.
> >
> > I understand that it's not in time for upcoming releases, but I'd like
> > to push the change after the ports tree is unslushed.
>
> 7.4/8.2 are officially out. Didn't you request an -exp run yet?

I'm not sure if it's perfect time for this right now, as new gmake is
supposed to hit the tree soon, and flipping -jX switch now could
jeopardize the transit.  Maybe portmgr@ (if they're reading this) can
provide some guidance on how to handle this the best way.

./danfe