[CFT] Likewise-open preliminary port

Ganael LAPLANCHE ganael.laplanche at martymac.org
Mon Jun 27 12:37:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 03:31:00 -0500, Brooks Davis wrote

Hi Brooks,

> Have you tried asking Likewise for the ports they appear to be
> using internally to build packages for FreeBSD?

I have posted a message on likewise-open-dev@ but has not received an
answer yet... I don't know if they use proper "ports" or just a set of
script to generate packages.

> While the normal Likewise install location in /opt/likewise is non-
> standard, I suspect most likewise users hardcode it in their
> scripts.  I know I do. It seems generally useful to ease the
> upgrade path from a likewise-open port to likewise-enterprise.

You're right, but such a port could not be part of the official tree ;
maybe that's why there is no Likewise port yet.

Anyway, we are not the only ones to rewrite paths ; Ubuntu also seems to
install everything in more standard ones :

http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/amd64/likewise-open/filelist

It seems that you are using Likewise, have you given the port a try ?

Best regards,

--
Ganael LAPLANCHE <ganael.laplanche at martymac.org>
http://www.martymac.org | http://contribs.martymac.org